Friday, September 30, 2005

Labor Days

In my naive optimism I set out to repaint my china cabinet over labor day weekend - thinking it would just be a matter of slapping ona few coats of paint. It had been the Martha Steward Green you see on the hutch below. Thank goodness I didn't tackle the process alone. My mom-in-law (and eventually father-in-law and husband) all contributed.

(sanded hutch and primed buffet)


As these projects always are - it ended up being more than I'd bargained for. After having sanded, stripped and scraped the green paint off - it was finally time to paint. A coat of primer and two coats of paint later - this is our NEW china cabinet!



It certainly gives me a new perspective regarding the oft used expression, 'allowing God to strip me...' - not only how painful the process of stripping can be, but how ongoing - there are just so many layers. And even more significant; the commitment it requires on God's part.

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hutch looks great, Andrea! (or was it Andrea and Jeremy?) We miss you guys!

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Jenn Swift said...

Wow... this piece has seen transformation a few times! It looks great. Did the accompanying shelves receive equal treatment?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

The shelves are on display at Marion's salvation army last I checked. Our contribution to the community :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home