Friday, August 12, 2005

Wilmore or bust!

We are scheduled to pack up the uhaul and head to Asbury on Monday. This means two things. It means that our sabatical is over. It also means the start of a new chapter.

I think I'm addicted to new beginnings. I remember a grieving process, of sorts, after college when I realized I couldn't "start over" with a clean slate every semester. New chapters bring in a certain idealism and optimism that is inspiring. And since college, I've realized that - while my clean slates are less scheduled (no academic calendar anymore) - life is still chuck full of them. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes - situational, spiritual... So, here's to Wilmore. A whole new set of new. May our idealism and optimism be born out of an expectancy of what God is going to do in us - who He is going to help us become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home